Delant Construction is a South Florida company established in 1982 by the Delgado family as a continuation of a legacy dedicated to the construction industry. Delant Construction is one of South Florida’s most experienced general contractors, both in the public and private sectors. Our portfolio of work includes the construction of correction facilities, commercial buildings, public housing facilities, residential developments and airport structures. We also specialize and self perform site work, including excavation, underground utilities, grading and paving. The company has earned the recognition of building some of South Florida’s most successful design build projects.
We provide our clients with the resources, financial strength and experience to make their goals and expectation a reality–we build our reputation a project at a time. Delant works as a team: our staff, clients, design team, and subcontractors work together to anticipate the challenges of each project. Our team of construction and design professionals are committed to building your project safely, on budget and on schedule.
Our team approach and qualifications guarantee that we will be exceptionally responsive to your needs: a quality project, on time and within budget. Our abilities are greatly enhanced by our long-standing local presence, our knowledge of all applicable agency regulations and requirements, and our commitment to the community.
• Functional analysis of the project design
• Review alternative construction means and methods to ensure maximum productivity
• Assessing the impact of any proposed changes on the project design and construction
• Identification of building code and ADA accessibility compliance issues
• Identification of issues of interdisciplinary coordination and contract document errors or omissions
• Ensuring that design concepts are developed within the limits of the project scope, budget, and schedule
• Value Engineering is a systematic effort directed at analyzing the function of goods and services to achieve those necessary functions and other essential characteristics in the most cost-effective manner
• Evaluation of project design early in the planning and programming phases
• Analysis of space usage, design ratios, material use, and construction methods
• Strive for continuous improvement of construction means and methods
• Cultivation of long-term relationships with clients, design professionals, government officials, subcontractors, and suppliers
• Building quality through teamwork
• Effective communication among all project participants
• Selection of subcontractors and suppliers is based upon mutual trust and confidence, demonstrated high-quality performance, and acceptable price
• Commitment to client satisfaction and service
• Implementing and enforcing Delant’s safety policies and procedures on every project
• Strict compliance with all OSHA requirements
• Emphasis on safety training and education
• Maintain a drug-free workplace
• Strive for accident-free job sites
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT MANAGEMENT
• Defining environmental effects and potential hazards of the project design and construction
• Develop and implement hazard mitigation plan and environmental clean-up
• Strict compliance with all DERM requirements
PROJECT CONTROLS & REPORTING
• Full range of operating, control, and reporting procedures to ensure effective project management
• Utilization of the most advanced scheduling, estimating, and project management tools
• Application of company wide policies and procedures for project management, logistics, cost control, document control, planning, scheduling, and contract administration
Design-build is a project delivery system in which one firm assumes total responsibility for the design and construction of a project. As a result, construction administration runs much smoother. One of the key advantages of the design-build approach is its compression of the more traditional construction schedule. With the design-build approach, construction can begin even before the drawings are complete. “Fast-tracking” is a means of compressing the construction schedule, which allows field construction to begin before detailed design refinements have been completed.
• Single source of responsibility
• Increased communication and coordination
• Reduction of project duration by “fast-tracking”
• No adversarial relationship between contractor and designer
• Early guarantee of project cost and schedule
• Ongoing value engineering and constructability review
• Avoidance of errors and omissions claims
After concept development, the design-builder provides the owner with a firm price proposal which establishes the project duration and cost. Project budgets are established and guaranteed early in the design phase by the design-builder, so the owner knows early in the process that the project is within budget. Greater participation by the design-builder during the design process results in heightened constructability review and increased value engineering efforts.